The first thing you will be asked when opening the Zion App is to login or create an account.
These three technologies allow you to not just use Zion, but use any Web5 app and transact on the Bitcoin Lightning Network. Zion stores account data in your DWN which is stored on your phone and in Master Replicas. This means only the owner of a Zion account can edit or delete any data pertaining to the account, and that Zion or any other Web5 app cannot delete your data or account.
- 1.Open the Zion App and click "Create new account"
- 2.Click "Skip Access Code" Above Request for Access Code
- 4.Record 12 word BIP39 generated DID recovery phrase and store the phrase in a safe location, as Zion accounts can only be recovered with a recovery phrase. Zion is not responsible for lost recovery keys. We highly recommend storing your phrase physically in at least two secure locations, or in an encrypted file.
- DO NOT store your recovery phrase in a unsecure file on your device or in a cloud.
- Unsecured recovery phrases on devices are often targeted by hackers.
- 5.Input the recovery phrase correctly into the input screen to ensure it was recorded correctly.
- 6.Attach an email to your Zion account or click "skip" if you would prefer not to.
- 7.Create a numeric passcode to lock your Zion App. Note: Your Passcode only locks the app on your device. Recovery keys are the only way to gain access to your account if you lose your passcode.
- 8.Fill out the account creation information including your username, display name, profile picture(recommended size: 400x400), and bio.